Kansas Insurance Department

Posted by:  :  Category: Medicare

Follow These Simple Instructions: Complete the following information and click “Submit.” You will then receive a list of estimated yearly premiums customized to your demographic information. You may click on the company name to receive other important aspects of the policy.
Source: ksinsurance.org

Kansas Medicaid: The Medicaid Project, Kansas Medicaid Eligibility, KS Help, Assistance

SCHIP provides health care coverage for low-income children living in families with incomes that exceed Medicaid limits. The federal government provides approximately 72 percent of the cost of SCHIP and the State contributes the remaining 28 percent, as well as any excess spent above the federal allotment. Unlike Medicaid, SCHIP is not open-ended; states are awarded yearly allotments. Kansas provides low-cost health insurance coverage to children who are under the age of 19, do not qualify for Medicaid, have family incomes under the 200 percent of the federal poverty level, and are not eligible for state employee health insurance and are not covered by private health insurance.
Source: quickbrochures.net

Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Division of Health Care Finance KanCare and Medicaid

Health services are purchased through either a managed care model or a fee-for-service model.  The KanCare program is the State of Kansas’ managed care program.  KanCare is provided to all Medicaid and CHIP consumers.  Kansas has contracted with three health plans, or managed care organizations (MCOs), to coordinate health care for nearly all beneficiaries. The KanCare program began in January 2013. The KanCare health plans are Amerigroup of Kansas, Inc. (Amerigroup), Sunflower State Health Plan (Sunflower), and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Kansas (United).  For more information about KanCare, please visit the KanCare website at www.KanCare.ks.gov.
Source: kdheks.gov

Related posts:

  1. Kansas Medicaid: The Medicaid Project, Kansas Medicaid Eligibility, KS Help, Assistance
  2. Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare
  3. Kansas Insurance Department
  4. Kansas Insurance Department
  5. Kansas Insurance Department

Comments are closed.