Medicare Coding & Billing
New Physical Therapy Evaluation and Reevaluation CPT Codes PTs must begin using 3 new evaluation codes and a new reevaluation code beginning January 1, 2017. Now is the time to become familiar with them.
Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare
Overview of Medicaid and Medicare Billing Courses
Students discuss the process of medical billing and how it is based on a standard set of coding and symbols used by health care providers and insurers. Lessons begin with how the reimbursement process begins after a patient provides documentation of health insurance. They then detail how this insurance information is turned into codes and submitted to the insurance company for payment. The class also reviews the various types of coding fields and how to reference them. It discusses the federal and industry regulations regarding abuse and fraud in medical billing.
Medicare Billing Seminar l ZPIC Audits l Outiler Billing
This seminar offers education and strategy to provide agency owners, administrators, business managers and billing staffs with practical information to equip your agency to collect the reimbursements due for payer sources. Home health payments continue to take a hit and episodic payments will be reduced in 2016. The 2% Sequestration is legislated through 2023. CMS is moving toward implementing Home Health Value Based Purchasing in 2016 which will di- rectly affect some agencies revenue next year
2017 Hospice Billing Seminar l Medicare Training & Consulting
Medicare has finalized the New Cost Report forms. All Providers must use for the 2015 Cost Reporting Year. Providers must track costs by type of service (Routine, Continuous, etc.) throughout the year. CMS will implement new changes to approved software, which require on-going changes to payroll and financial tracking systems.
Medicare, Medicaid and Medical Billing
When a Part A claim is processed by Medicare, Medicare pays the provider directly for the service rendered by the provider. On the other hand, in a Part B claim, who pays depends on who has accepted the assignment of the claim. If the provider accepts the assignment of the claim, Medicare pays the provider 80% of the cost of the procedure, and the remaining 20% of the cost is passed on to the patient. You should recognized that 80-20 breakdown: it’s a classic example of coinsurance.
Medicare Billing Training and Education Program Summaries
Ranging from eight weeks to approximately two years, certificate and associate’s degree programs in medical billing and coding offer coursework in Medicare billing, alongside training in general medical billing methods. Both types of programs cover basic medical terminology and explain the infrastructure of insurance systems and only require a high school education to take part in. Some of these programs feature online study options. Medical billing and coding education programs often prepare students to sit for national certification exams like the one offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders.